Monday, November 26, 2012

Add a Little Color to Your Life!

 
So... I'm watching Madagascar 3, with my little one and Marty appears.... one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. I think to myself, "WE HAVE TO MAKE RAINBOW ZEBRAS!"
I found a great lesson online (elementaryartfun.blogspot.com) as a inspiration and ran with it. The great thing about blogs, is it's a fantastic way to share ideas and "piggyback" on others' ideas.
My fourth and fifth graders started off by viewing images of zebras on the ActivBoard, being an "art observer" and breaking the animal down into shapes that could be easily drawn.
We drew our zebra, traced with sharpie marker and colored in with crayon. We finished our zebra by painting the background with watercolor.
and here they are!!!!
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment